Monday, August 27, 2012

Blueberries and Quality Time

Remember the blueberries we picked in Michigan? As you would guess, they were delicious and you could really tell they were right off the bush. I wish we had picked more because I'm sure I could have come up with a hundred uses for them. I made some blueberry baby food out of some of them but Conrad was not a fan! It actually takes a lot of them to yield just a few servings so I only made a little (good thing). I wish I took a picture of it because the color was so deep and rich, it looked really yummy.  I used the rest of the blueberries to make a delicious pie. I don't want to pat my own back but this pie was really delicious. I think it's okay to brag since I credit the blueberries, not myself! We topped it with vanilla ice cream and ate it all week- YUM!





I recently had a nice week with a long stretch (4 days) off with just me and Conrad home during the week.  It was so nice to get to spend some extended quality time with him. I love my days home with this sweet boy! We also took the opportunity to plan some playdates and fun activities. One day we visited with a good friend from middle school, Laura, who has a 2 year old and 5 month old. It was so nice to meet these sweet kids and catch up on old times. Conrad and I also had a trial class at Gymboree. It was nice to see him play on the equipment and really explore. I'll be honest, we like the activities at the library's story time better but it was still a fun experience. We also (finally) got to spend some good time with my dear friend Angel and her 2 cuties! We've been trying to plan a visit for a while and I'm so glad we finally made it happen. I just love this family and am so glad we got to see them. It's even more fun now that Conrad can really play. Ari is such an entertainer and was great at bringing us new toys to play with. Evangeline is a sweet happy girl who gives great hugs! Hopefully we can visit again soon!

The weekend following this wonderful stretch of Mommy/Conrad time, we were able to go to the State Fair. It was the perfect day with mild weather in the morning. It takes longer to get through everything with the baby and we did less walking through the barns but it was a great time. We of course got some good fair food and did some good people watching as well. We look forward to this every summer and hopefully it will be something Conrad loves as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment