Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

We had the BEST 1st Mother's Day weekend I could have asked for! I was schedule to work both days this weekend (I know- major bummer) so I signed up for "1st off" at work. This essentially means if the numbers of babies to staff allows, they will cancel you for the day. Saturday morning I called in to check (5 am) and to my delight I got the day off! I was so thrilled to spend the day with my 2 favorite guys and celebrate Mother's Day! We had a morning of playing at home and then went to the zoo for Conrad's first time. The weather was beautiful and as always- Conrad was so good! The day was perfect!



We were exhausted by the end of the day and poor Shawn was sick so we ordered pizza, played a little and I prepared to go to work the next day. Well, Happy Mother's Day to me because I got Sunday off too!! This is the best present I could have recieved. We started out the day nice and slow just hanging out at home with the windows open. Shawn surprised me with Starbuck's and a dozen roses. We opened presents and ate lunch at Noodles & Company (yum!). A new one opened up near us and I've been looking forward to eating there! Then we went to Fort Benjamin Harrison State Park to take a nice walk. The park is really beautiful and has a nice paved walking path. We wound up walking for about 4 miles and enjoyed the gorgeous weather. We'll definitely have to go back there again soon!




Then we met the Blaziers at MacKenzie River Pizza. We ate outside on the patio to enjoy just a bit more time in the fresh air. This was a great end to the day. Conrad is always happy to see Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Josh and I'm pretty sure they like him too! The food was good and it was nice to spend time with such wonderful in-laws. 
And of course, I want to mentioned my own amazing Mom.  I didn't get to spend the weekend with her since I originally thought I would be at work but I did get to spend time with her today. I am so thankful that she is such a wonderful Mom and a loving Nana to Conrad! Happy Mother's Day!!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Blog world! Conrad is so super cute and you and Shawn must feel blessed beyond measure!

    Angel and I are so happy to be able to see pics of your family and especially the new big man on campus!

    Great to see you at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks AJ! We do feel very blessed! It was great to see you both at the wedding and hopefully we can all get together again soon!

    ReplyDelete