Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sewing and Running

We have had a busy last few weeks around here but have been enjoying every minute of this beautiful spring so far. Conrad is becoming more and more active and, though he's not crawling, he rolls everywhere! You lay him down to play in one spot and come back a minute later and he's across the room. I'll fill you in on Conrad more tomorrow though for his half birthday!

Lately, I have been more into sewing and cooking. I love feeling like a little homemaker. Most of the recipes I have been trying lately I found on pinterest- we've liked most of them with only a few that we decide were worth a try once but won't be repeated. I can literally spend hours on pinterest (with a napping baby in my arms) and find all sorts of craft/sewing ideas and, of course, recipes. I've made burp clothes and a "door jammer" which I love. The "door jammer" helps so you can open and close the baby's door quietly without waking them up. I really wish I could take credit for this idea- whoever first thought of it is a genius because you can close the door snuggly to block out noise (critical in a one-story house) without disturbing the baby.


The bib I made was not quite as successful. My sewing was mediocre and the neck opening is a little small for my chubby guy. It wasn't bad for my first attempt though.
The project I am most proud of though is the pillowcase dress I made for my niece Julia's birthday. It was time consuming and took some detailed work (and mind you Conrad doesn't allow for much sewing time or time with the iron for pressing). Julia of course didn't really care about the dress because what kid wants clothes for their 3rd birthday? But I loved it! And of course I have to thank my wonderful husband who entertained Conrad for hours so I could finish the dress before we went over for the birthday party.
Speaking of my wonderful husband, Shawn ran the mini-marathon last weekend and did an excellent job (despite his knee and back injuries). I have to admit, I have not been very supportive over the last 2 weeks of this endeavor because he has had several doctors appointments, x-rays, and MRIs to help diagnose what is going on with his very painful back and knee. But, he ran it anyway and I'm really proud of the work he put into training over the last months and the time he was able to finish the race- 2hrs 18min. This is the only picture I have to show- him and his brother, Josh, stretching before the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment